I have good news…
#1: Laura at Laura. Lives. Life. nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thank you so much for the nod! You need to check out a Jersey transplant in London! http://lauraliveslife.wordpress.com
#2: I’m at 50+ followers, which may seem like nothing, but to me that’s 50 more people reading what I have to say. It is pretty cool.
Here we go…
Lub my Liebster!
So what is the Liebster Blog Award?
It’s an award that was reputedly started in Germany in order to give smaller bloggers recognition for their hard work. You receive this award from a fellow blogger that feels your blog is both worthy & important to them.
The rules are:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated
3) Choose eleven people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post
4) Go to their page and tell them
5) Remember, no tag backs
My Eleven Facts:
1) My favorite book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. Francie and I have a lot in common. Read it.
2) I have almost been teaching for 10 years (about a week to go!) and the students from my first year can now drink with me at a bar. Not that I do that.
3) I live my life to the fullest and share every dumb thing I do with my students. You can only imagine when I told them about the time I pushed my sister into a bush. I was 23.
4) I hate math. Shudder.
5) I used to sing opera. I’ve found a new voice here.
6) I talk to myself. Some may call that a problem. I think I’m the only one that listens to me.
7) I have OCD and yes, I was diagnosed. I’ve made inappropriate jokes about it on my blog, not naughty, just honest.
8) I have never ridden between the cars on the subway. I have walked through them to get to another car but only when the train was going very slow or stopped.
9) I have never seen the Twilight movies and I am proud.
10) I skipped a lot of the dirty parts in Fifty Shades of Gray. It isn’t because I’m prudish. I got bored.
11) I think pulling off a Biore strip is one of the most satisfying things in the world.
Wondering why the dye is making my scalp tingle. Gray hair at 32. Not fun.
The Eleven Questions from Laura:
1. How did you decide you wanted to start a blog?
I have always been make-up obsessed. I love to try new things and new looks. I am always on the hunt for something new. My friends always ask me for advice about products- I just decided to start writing about it. I think cosmetics have the ability to transform. The more you know about something, the easier it becomes to trust yourself, and with make-up, the more fun you have!
2. Why is your favourite colour your favourite colour?
Orange is my favorite color. I think it is because orange is punchy, sassy, fiery- it blazes, and in nature helps to signify the dawning of the day or the beginning of the night.
3. What would be your dream holiday?
Seychelles or the Maldives because I have yet to see the Indian Ocean. It just seems like it would be so luxurious.
4. How do you know what each blog post is going to be?
Great Question! I normally don’t. Sometimes I just decide I am going to try something new and then manage to just post about it. The beauty subscription posts are probably the most consistent but there is still some level of spontaneity. I like to keep things interesting. I’m not only about cosmetics- skincare, hair care, bath items are all in the product realm. I don’t discriminate!
5. Makeup: Eyes or Lips?
Oooh- you’re killing me. Mascara is a serious necessity but if I had to, I’d go with lips. Color can change your entire face and lipstick is the easiest way to do that.
6. Best advice you’ve ever been given?
Work with what you got!
7. Favourite website for shopping? (any shopping)
Wow. These are like life or death. Sephora for cosmetics but for clothes, I will try anywhere. I usually hit up Torrid but Evans finally starting shipping to the USA. I got a delivery today.
8. Do you prefer Birthdays or Christmas?
Christmas! It is my favorite holiday. I like how it encompasses a month of joy and celebration, especially in NYC. There is nothing like Christmastime in NY. Trust me.
9. If you were famous, what would you be known for?
I’d want to be know as a beauty powerhouse- maybe a beauty editor. I’d really like to be known for world peace but you can’t have it all.
10. Top 3 beauty products you can’t live without?
1) Mascara- my favorite is L’Oreal Voluminous but I am using something different now.
2) A lipstain- maybe Revlon’s Just Bitten because there is a lip balm attached.
3) A shimmery beige eye pencil- Sephora’s NANO in Purely Beige. It highlights and I use it in the corners of my eyes and under my brow bone.
11. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Paris. Hands down. I’m a Brooklyn girl but I love Paris.
Being here for a few months, I have found some great blogs! The nominees are:
http://rubenesquesmoothie.wordpress.com/ (She’s at 201 but that +1 must have been me.)
My Eleven Questions:
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) What is your “day job”?
3) What is your least favorite current fashion trend?
4) What is the one thing you do that other people think is fantastic?
5) What was your biggest adventure?
6) What is your favorite cosmetic product?
7) What perfume do you like most?
8) Who is your favorite person?
9) What is your favorite book?
10) What product would you love to try but you think it is too expensive?
11) What beauty product do you think would change the world?