1. What is your favorite book? My favorite book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I was about 12 the first time I read it and it resonated with me. Francie Nolan, the main character, is a girl growing up in Brooklyn with an alcoholic father and a mother that worked very hard to help the family survive. Though the story isn’t exactly my life story, I was able to totally relate with her, even if the setting is 100 years ago.
2. What fashion trend do you wish would come back? I have no one particular style that I wish would come back. Thank goodness leggings came back because they are a good cheat under dresses in the winter. I don’t worry too much about trends coming back- they eventually all do!
3. What is your signature scent? I am a perfume junky. I have a few scents that I adore but my signature scent would be Stella by Stella McCartney. It is a rose scent and have been wearing it for about seven or eight years. As much as I switch up, I always go back.
4. What is your ultimate essential beauty product that you would have a hard time being without? My first thought was mascara but I would say lip color. I can’t imagine not wearing or carrying something to color up my face. Lip color is an instant fix.
5. What is your most wanted beauty item right now? What isn’t? I am currently looking for a really good cobalt eyeliner. I purchased one recently but I’m not sure it is what I really want. I also want a killer waterproof mascara. My face is melting this summer.
6. What ways do you try to build self-confidence? I keep in mind that I am a good person and that I do the best that I can at all times. I have gotten a little tougher the past few years, too, and that helps. I learned that you can’t please everyone and most people don’t even try to please you!
7. What style of jewelry do you wear? I love the idea of jewelry but I tend to wear very little. I have a ridiculous amount of costume stuff but I really only wear my wedding and engagement rings, a moonstone ring from my sister, and a watch. I sometimes swap the moonstone ring for a larimar ring. ( Larimar is a pretty light turquise stone.) I also have a “fake” wedding band to switch it up sometimes. I love earrings but they do bother me sometimes and I should wear more necklaces.
8. Do you have any embarrassing beauty habits? Plucking. I love to pluck. And popping skin imperfections. It is gross but so satisfying!
9. What is your idea of the perfect date night? When we were dating, my husband and I would have dinner and go for a stroll or vice versa. I would window shop and he would stand by patiently. Then we would go for a drink. I still enjoy it!
10. What motivates you to be your best? Knowing that I deal with 12 year olds ten months of the year makes me want to do the best that I can. I need to keep my word, which is sometimes harder than we realize. I also just always want to do the right thing, which isn’t necessarily easy either.
11. What trends are you into right now? I love peplums and chunky necklaces. I have a peplum dress and it is just the most flattering piece of clothing I own.
Inquiring minds want to know (or my 11 questions):
1) What kinds of blogs, other than the subject you blog about, do you enjoy reading?
2) What song are you loving right now?
3) What is your favorite drugstore beauty buy?
4) Where is your favorite place to shop (grocery, clothing, health & beauty- doesn’t matter!)?
5) Where is one place you have always wanted to visit?
6) What is one beauty trend that you can’t stand?
7) Which is worse: too much perfume/ cologne OR body odor?
8) What is your favorite hair style or product?
9) How much is too much when buying a beauty product?
10) If you could have a super power, what would it be?
11) What is the one item (it can be anything) that you can’t live without?
Tag! You’re it!
… and go on ahead if you like!