All right, all right! I know that we are all sick of the “what’s in my bag?” spreads in magazines but since I am nosy by nature, I still read them. Instead of just telling you what is in my bag, I’m just going to tell you about a few of my very necessities. I carry these with me at all times- no exceptions!
1) Blotting papers: I don’t really care what kind I have. I loved the Tatcha Petal Fresh papers BUT at $12 for 30 papers, I think there are more cost effective ones. Boscia makes a great blotting paper and if you get them once the holiday season ends, you can get packs of 100 for $5 from Sephora. At the “drugstore” the Clean and Clear blotting papers do the trick, but they aren’t actually paper.
2) Lip Balm: I happen to like Burt’s Bees. I’ve read the articles about lip balm addiction and I have to agree. Burt’s Bees is made from beeswax and it won’t dry you out. EOS makes a good lip balm, too, but the shape is a little weird. If I want a tint, Lipstick Queen’s Medieval is an awesome sheer red that isn’t obnoxious. I also have Dior’s Lip Addict Lip Glow (not worth the money, just sayin’) and it feels quite nice and gives lips a natural flush. Sephora’s Hot Hues Neon Lip Balms (which are a limited addition and on sale now) are fantastic. They stain and soften the lips.
3) Lip color: I use this term because I switch between lipstick and gloss on a daily basis. I use any brand from Wet ‘n’ Wild to Tom Ford (more on that later, I’m sure.) My current favorite happens to be Lipstick Queen. Poppy King knows what she is doing. Her Sinner lipsticks are MATTE, serious matte and pigment rich. No shimmer, no shine, but not flat and definitely not drying. The Liptropolis set has three friendly colors (nude, peach, red) that have a soft shine. Love them. Another great lipstick is Sephora’s Rouge Cream. The colors are bold, bright, and will get you noticed. They also are very long lasting. I also happen to like their Rouge Shine- it’s sheer enough to put on without a mirror but still gives good coverage.
As for a gloss, MAC’s Lipglass has made it’s way back into my rotation. I find them to be a bit sticky but long lasting. I love the new colors that aren’t new. “Russian Red” and “Please Me.” Make Up Forever’s Lab Shine is beautiful and not goopy. It just isn’t as long lasting!
4) Mascara: Okay- I won’t lie. I am still looking for my holy grail. I have tried all kinds, from Great Lash (I DO NOT LIKE IT) to Dior Show (eh) and I still haven’t found what I’m looking for. Right now, I’m using the Borghese brand from Costco (yes, Costco.) It’s actually pretty good but more on mascara later.
5) Hand sanitizer: I’m not picky.
6) Wet Ones wet naps
7) My David and Goliath mirror (it always gets a giggle)